Did someone say water?
Our body is comprised of over 60% of water, as you lose precious ounces through sweat, exercise or strenuous activity in warmer climates it is essential to avoid dehydration.
If that’s not enough reason to get your daily 8 glasses, here are a few more reasons:
- Water increases energy. (Seriously, who doesn’t need more energy?)
- Water flushes out waste and bacteria that lead to disease. (Eww but awesome.)
- Water aids in digestion. (A healthy belly is a happy belly)
- Water helps maintain body weight by regulating appetite and increasing metabolism. (Enough said.)
- Water can prevent and/or alleviate headaches. (Put down the pills, pick up a glass of H2O)
What if you’re not a fan of plain water?
Try the benefits of infused water with some of these common combinations that pack an intense antioxidant punch.
- Cucumber + lime + strawberry + mint
- Lemon + raspberry + rosemary
- Orange + blueberry + basil
- Lime + ginger root + basil
- Watermelon + honeydew + mint
- Cucumber + mint + jalapeno
- Lemon + thyme